Integrated Local Development Strategy (SISL - Strategia Integrata di Sviluppo Locale)
The Integrated Local Development Strategy is elaborated and implemented by LAGs (Local Action Groups), meeting the following fundamental elements:
- The local development strategy is designed for specific rural areas.
- The partnership which forms LAG between Public and Private Bodies, must be at local level.
- The approach to the intervention must be a bottom-up approach, from the bottom to the top; in this way, the LAG has the decisional power for the elaboration of the strategy and so also the responsibility for its implementation.
- The strategy must be multi- sectorial and it must be based on the interaction among the operators and projects which belong to the different sectors of local economy.
- A network link to other local partnerships must be established. Instead, it is optional to insert inside both elements in the strategy; these two elements actually characterizes Leader approach: the fulfilment of innovative approaches and of cooperation projects. These elements, if inserted in the introduced strategy, would certainly be awarded during the evaluation phase.
Once they have been elaborated, LAGs send the proposals of rural development strategies to the Province competent offices. Then, within thirty days, the Province competent offices send to the Committee the development strategies proposed by LAGs, together with their opinion about their coherence, complementarily aspects and synergies of such strategies with the economic and territorial programme of the Province. In case the Province offices will communicate embossed on the programme they receive, LAG is required to adapt its own programme in relation to the embossed highlighted by the Province.
The Integrated Local Development Strategies must be presented within 60 days from the release date on the Official Newsletter of Tuscany Region of the dispositions for their drafting. From a careful analysis of the area of jurisdiction, these strategies spot the main needs, the chosen strategies indicate the activated measures as well as the budgets, in relation to them.
The Integrated Local Development Strategies are effective for the whole programme period of Leader initiative); but, concerning the financial aspect, the programme period is limited to 2007/2010. The approved Local Integrated Development System enter into force from the release date on the Official Newsletter of Tuscany Region.
LAGs draw up the Integrated Local Development Strategies considering the project priorities for the Local Development Pacts of the Provinces, together with the Regional Committee and with the socio- economic Development Plans of Comunità Montane.